Amy's Vision 2020
2020 is going to be a big year at LVCIL!
In 2019, Amy Beck celebrated her 20th anniversary as LVCIL's Executive Director and, in 2020, LVCIL and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will both turn 30 years old. To celebrate these important milestones, we are launching Amy's Vision 2020 – a yearlong giving campaign jam-packed with events, activities, and awareness.
Amy has challenged us to raise $80,000 and to serve 200 more people with disabilities by the end of 2020! To meet her challenge, we have a slate of fundraising and special events planned.
2020 Events Calendar:
- Give20: Yearlong Monthly Giving Campaign - Donate $20 per month to LVCIL!
- January: Don't Cook for a Month Online Sweepstakes
- February: Brew HaHa! Craft Beer & Comedy Fundraiser
- March: Independent Living Awards Luncheon
- May: "We Are Invincible" Breaking Barriers Bash
- June: Film Screening (More TBA)
- July: "Champions of Inclusion" ADA30 Celebration
- October: Accessible House Tour
Sips & Sweets @ Josh Early Candies
Make an Impact in 2020:
In FY 2018-19, LVCIL served 1,193 Lehigh Valley residents with disabilities. Our goal is to support people with disabilities on their path to independence and to help them live their dreams. This is how we made an impact last year:
- 811 Information & Referral inquires answered
- 528 young adults in Transition & Employment
- 221 consumers received Supports Coordination
- 199 consumers received Housing Counseling
- 92 individuals learned Independent Living Skills
- 61 young adults took part in LVCIL Social Groups
- 55 consumers were connected with Assistive Technology
You can help us have a greater impact in 2020 by attending or sponsoring our events. Click here to learn more.
For info, contact:
Greg Bott, MS
Director of Development